The Problem of Noise Pollution
Homes are supposed to be restful and relaxing places, meaning that too much noise can be a serious problem, not just for homeowners, but also for your neighbors. As a result, if your garage door is making too much noise whenever it sees use, you should solve the problem as soon as possible.
Why Is Your Garage Door Making So Much Noise?
Here are some of the possible reasons that your garage door is making too much noise:
- Over time, the parts of your garage door will accumulate wear and tear as they see more and more use, which can result in a wide range of both serious and not-so-serious problems. One example is too much noise, which can happen when moving parts have suffered so much deterioration that they are grinding against each other in a way that they were never supposed to.
- Some moving parts are just noisier than others when they are in use. For example, if you have a chain-drive door opener, you should consider switching it out for a rubber belt drive. However, you should remember that different choices have different advantages and disadvantages, meaning that you should consult a specialist before making such a change.
- How a home was built can cause a garage door to make too much noise because the vibrations of its movement can be transferred through the structure of the home. With that said, this is a simple problem with a simple solution, in the form of vibration isolators placed in strategic locations.
How Can You Fix This Problem?
Fortunately, if your garage door is making too much noise, you have a number of possible solutions at your disposal:
- Keeping the parts of your garage door well-lubricated is essential to ensuring minimal friction in the course of its use, which is particularly important wherever metal comes into contact with more metal.
- Generally speaking, you should get a garage door specialist to provide your garage door with some much-needed care and maintenance on an annual basis. This will prevent your garage door from making too much noise, as well as other potential issues while also extending its useful lifespan by as much as possible, thus making it the financially-sensible choice.
- Finally, you should consult a reliable source of information about potential issues with your garage door. Your owner’s manual is an excellent example of such a source, but if it cannot tell you what you want to know, you should seek out a specialist.
Do you need the services of a skilled and experienced garage door specialist? If so, please contact us for garage door installation, repair, and replacement services done right.